Sunday, July 13, 2014

Book Challenge -- Day 7

7. Characters from series you'd want to meet

I would love to meet Vicky Austin and Adam Eddington from A Ring of Endless Light and Troubling a Star. They seem like down-to-Earth people that I could get along well with and might create strong friendships. I also think meeting the main characters from one of my favorite books could be a lot like stepping into the pages of those books.
     I'd love to meet Noah Calhoun from The Notebook. I realize there is a real person out there who is probably very much like Noah (the book is based on a true story) but Noah the character is probably a concentrated version of this person and his devotion and faith are inspiring. The book isn't one of my top picks, but is a good read. After fourteen years of not seeing Allie, he is willing to go through the heartbreak again for a chance at forever. While it's stereotypically romantic, it's also very brave; I don't think I could do it.
     The final character I would be fascinated to meet is Lucero-Elisa from Rae Carson's The Girl of Fire and Thorns and its sequel The Crown of Embers. Elisa started out life as a princess whose only merit was her rank and her inquisitive mind--she believes the reason behind it is that she isn't slender and beautiful like her sister. I would love to meet a young woman who withstands as much as she does and still manages to rule a foreign country without spite for the women who belittled her upon her arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment