Monday, September 3, 2012

Tea! The Morning Pick-Me-Up

No, this is not my tea set. But I do wish it were.
     Some people drink coffee, some people drink soda, but I am one of those people who drink tea. I love my tea, but I kind of fell into it by a process of elimination. Soda is all well and good, but a little too sweet. Coffee has something in it that gives me migraines. Tea is only as sweet as you want it to be, and has the necessary caffeine to wake me up. I was just a little curious about the different types of tea. Here's what I came up with:

  • tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world (the first is water)
  • drinking tea is good for you -- it's filled with great stuff, even some anti-inflammatory
  • tea can help regulate food intake
  • it can produce a meditative state and causes an alert and focused calm
  • there are white, yellow, green, oolong, black, and post-fermented teas
  • most teas in tea bags are blends of different types of tea (but you can get "single estate" teas too)
There's so much more to know about tea, but I'm not going to bore you with it all. I'm off to enjoy my cup of Earl Gray.

Just a thought for a good night...
Stephie

No comments:

Post a Comment