Sunday, August 19, 2012

Superman!

     It's summer break. I am taking the time to laze about and watch television and I just rediscovered a show I loved back when I was a kid. It wasn't a cartoon (while I loved them too), or even a kids show; it was Lois and Clark: the New Adventures of Superman.
     I always loved how they're friends, how Clark has more of a character role than in the movies, and that someone other than his parents know that he's Superman. I didn't see the movies until I was in high school, so everything I knew about Superman was based on this TV series. It's kind of amazing how I could have grown up knowing so little about the quintessential American hero.
     I've made up for my ignorance since I discovered that Superman isn't the only one with a TV show: Batman, Wonder Woman, The Green Hornet, The Six Million Dollar Man, The X-Men, and Spider Man have been popular over the last few decades. While they're not always my first choice to watch, I prefer a superhero show to the dramas like Desperate Housewives and reality shows like Big Brother and Survivor.
     Lois and Clark is still one of my top superhero shows, and I'm thrilled that it's back on the air.

Just a thought....
Stephie

No comments:

Post a Comment