Saturday, December 26, 2015

Madam Secretary

I recently decided to check out the show Madam Secretary. While I enjoy the political intrigue and how the Elizabeth McCord controls the situation and makes it work to her advantage, I especially enjoy watching the relationships play out. The relationship between the Secretary of State and her husband seems unique in comparison to what we see on television. Similar shows are more focused on relationships which have deteriorated and are fraught with betrayal and spite; it’s a relief to see a marriage closer to what I see in real life.

Bess and Henry regularly assert that they are a team. They share their daily challenges and triumphs. They worry about their children as parents worry. And they have fights, disagreements, and misunderstandings just as any other couple does. Through the highs and lows Bess and Henry support each other and their relationship is one I admire.

I have only seen about six episodes of the first season, but I’m looking forward to the rest of the show. Looks like it’s time for a marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment